Antao takes your privacy seriously. Antao collects certain types of information about its website users and customers and it is important that you understand the terms on which that information is collected. The terms of this privacy statement explain the types of information collected, how it is used, protected and disclosed and how you can correct or change it.
From time to time we may make changes to this privacy statement so please review it frequently. We will post the revised statement on this website when it is changed and will endeavour to make sure that the changes are posted before they take effect. If we do make material changes to this statement we will let you know by email and/or by posting a notice on our homepage.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Natural Aromatics LTD. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
In addition to the other disclosures we have referred to in this statement or elsewhere in our terms and conditions, we may make disclosures which are reasonably necessary to:
- comply with the law, any regulatory requirement, court order or other legal process;
- defend or take any legal proceedings;
- protect or defend our rights or property, or that of others; or
- enforce any agreement you may have with us to buy our products.
Further information about Marketing
By providing us with your email address you agree to receive marketing emails from Antao about its own and third party services but you may notify us at any time (including when you provide us with your email address) that you do not wish to receive marketing material.
You agree to our sending targeted marketing materials to you where we consider you fit the profile of those individuals to whom the relevant products or services are aimed.
You should be aware that if you respond to third parties about offers and services referred to in Antao material, you will be disclosing your personal data to those third parties and you should familiarise yourself with those third parties' privacy statements.
You specifically agree that your personal information may be transferred outside the [European Economic Area (EEA)] so that Antao can provide services to you. This may involve disclosure to persons referred to at paragraphs 10 and/or 11 above. Please note that the USA and other countries outside the EEA may have a lower standard of protection for personal information than that required by UK law. If we do transfer personal data to companies based outside the EEA then we will use commercially reasonable efforts to try to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the relevant UK and EC legislation.
Recording and Monitoring
We may monitor and/or record communications with you (including telephone conversations and emails) for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes.
Subject Access Requests
If you wish to receive a copy of the information Antao holds about you please contact us. A variable fee (currently £10) will be levied for this service as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have any questions or comments about this statement, or you wish to review, correct or change the information collected by Antao you may contact Antao. You can add or update your information in the 'My Account' area. Examples of information you can access through your account area include your recent orders, personal information (including gender, name, e-mail, date of birth, telephone number, address book), delivery and invoice addresses, product notification preferences and your password and access details.
Sharing and disclosing information
We may share your personal information with third party service providers who assist us in providing internal functions necessary to operate our business. These functions may include:
- processing orders and validating information you give us;
- compiling statistics and reports for our internal purposes;
- transmitting newsletters and communications on our behalf or assisting in fulfilling; and
- responding to requests that we receive from our subscribers and users.
In all cases we limit the information shared with our third party service providers to that which is necessary to carry out those functions and they will be under a strict obligation not to use your personal data for any other purposes.
Information about our users and our websites is one of our most important business assets. Consequently we may disclose information about our users, including personal information, to interested third parties and their professional advisers (and may sell or otherwise transfer such information to such third parties) in anticipation of and/or in connection with of any business transactions affecting us. These could include without limitation, a share sale, merger or acquisition, entering into a joint venture or other co-operative arrangement, creation of a separate business to provide the website or fulfil products; financing transactions, a sale of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.